A Member of Parliament (MP) is the representative for you and your part of the country in the House of Commons.  Your MP has been elected to speak on your behalf in Westminster and to address any issues that are particularly relevant to your constituency or that coincide with his beliefs.  Your MP has the ability to sit in the House of Commons Chamber and speak and vote on all of the issues raised there.

Christopher Pincher is the MP for Tamworth in Staffordshire.  He takes the lead on any decisions involving Tamworth and the outlying communities at the Government level.  He also sits on the Select Committee for Energy and Climate Change and takes an active interest in the British Military and all defence issues.

Strict parliamentary protocol maintains that Members of Parliament correspond with only residents of their own constituency. If you are unsure if you live within the Tamworth constituency then have a look at the map in the Tamworth section of this website or enter your postcode at the following website http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/.  Any members of the constituency who have concerns or issues that they would like to raise with Christopher should not hesitate to contact him.

Members of Parliament, whilst tremendously helpful at many things, can not fix everything.  Christopher is able to offer assistance when it comes to issues that Parliament or central government is responsible for. It is appropriate to contact Christopher if you would like to raise an issue about Government policy, Government and other issues such as immigration, the NHS, pensions, benefits, national insurance, et cetera.  

For most local issues you should contact your local councillor as they are far more likely to be able to answer your question or resolve your problem more efficiently.

There are two types of local council:  County and District or Borough.  These two councils will perform different tasks within the community and can assist with a range of different problems.

The County Council deals with all issues relating to:  local business, the community, education and schools, the environment, local leisure and sports, social care & health and transport.  If you have any concerns which pertain to any of these areas then why not have a look at their website at:  http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/

The District and Borough Councils are responsible for all citizens advice, council tax and planning considerations.  They can also assist you with community safety and the local police.  They will provide advice on a great deal of community related issues and are the first point of call for all housing and rubbish collection questions.  The two councils in the Tamworth area are Tamworth Borough Council and Lichfield District Council.  They can be found at:  http://www.tamworth.gov.uk/ and http://www.lichfielddc.gov.uk/

There is no statutory job description for what an MP can or cannot do for their constituents.  Christopher will always try and help any constituent with any concern or issue that they bring to him. 

One of the key powers that Christopher has is the ability to bring issues before the government in the House of Commons. He can do so by tabling a written parliamentary question, speaking in the House of Commons debate chamber, or by writing directly to a Government Minister. 

Due to the volume of communication (Christopher wrote over 6,000 letters and 5,000 emails in his first year of office); e-mails, letters and phone calls are handled in the order they are received. Please note that Christopher aims to respond within 10 working days.

Christopher encourages you to visit Parliament and learn about how the decisions that affect your lives on a daily basis are made.  Find all details for how to arrange a visit on the 'Visits' page of this website.

MPs have a workload that far surpasses the capability of one person. Both Christopher's Westminster and Tamworth offices are run by a team of dedicated staff members supported occasionally by interns and constituents seeking work experience. 

Christopher welcomes applications from suitable candidates for both short term work experience placements and interns in both the constituency and Westminster offices. Applications are accepted year round for rolling placements. 

Please send a cover letter and CV to christopher.pincher.mp@parliament.uk should you wish to be considered for an internship or work experience placement. 

Previous political experience is not necessary but very good attention to detail and a willingness to learn is. 


Twitter   Facebook 

Email me: christopher.pincher.mp@parliament.uk



Newsletter Sign-up

Donate or Join In

Donate or join Chris' team by clicking here.

Can you spare an hour or two to help Chris and his team to stuff envelopes or deliver leaflets? If so Chris would like to hear from you.